Previously Developed Land: Industrial Activities and Contamination, 2nd Edition
November 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
It is aimed at non-specialist professionals advising landowners on the possible sale of their land and buildings, their potential redevelopment or possible environmental liabilities, and covers some 40 types of industrial land likely to lead to contamination.
Chapter 1: Introduction and Policy context.
Chapter 2: Approaches to Valuation.
Chapter 3: Barriers to Redevelopment.
Chapter 4: Legal Predictions.
Chapter 5: Recording Land Condition.
Chapter 6: Planning the Future.
Chapter 7: Geographical Information Systems.
Part B - Industrial Activities and Contamination.
* identifies industrial land uses most likely to be encountered, the type of contamination likely, and gives advice on actions to be taken
* features specialist contributions from a lawyer, government adviser, planning researcher, GIS and insurance experts
* covers some 40 types of industrial activity likely to lead to contamination
* under the title 'Desk Reference Guide to Potentially Contaminative Land Uses'
* first edition published by ISVA and RICS (ISBN 9 9029 1303 4)