The Blackwell Guide to Theology and Popular Culture
December 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A timely examination and contribution to the rapidly expanding field of theology and popular culture
- Locates the theological analysis of culture alongside political, sociological, economic, aesthetic and psychological analyses
- Surveys the work of religious and theological scholars who have turned their attention to popular culture
- Considers classic Christian thinkers who have wrestled with culture, such as St. Paul, Tertullian, Augustine, Schleiermacher, Tillich, and Ricoeur
- Proposes a method for analysing culture to discern its religious content
- Identifies religious themes in popular culture
- Uses illustrations, ranging from the fiction of Nick Hornby to Six Feet Under
- An appendix provides lists of films, novels, television series, consumer products, architectural works, cultural events, and corporate icons that lend themselves to theological analysis.