January 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Brings together a multitude of approaches, theoretical perspectives, and geographies.
- Authored by nineteen experts in the field.
- Explores how historical archaeologists think about their work, piecing together information from both material culture and documents in an attempt to understand the lives of the people and societies they study.
- Engages with current theory in an accessible manner.
- Truly global in its approach but avoids subsuming local experiences of people into global patterns.
- Summarizes not only the current state of historical archaeology, but also sets the course for the field in decades to come.