Gladiator: Film and History
May 2004, ©2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
This is the first book to analyze Ridley Scott’s film Gladiator from historical, cultural, and cinematic perspectives.
- The first systematic analysis of Ridley Scott’s film, Gladiator.
- Examines the film’s presentation of Roman history and culture.
- Considers its cinematic origins and traditions.
- Draws out the film’s modern social and political overtones.
- Includes relevant ancient sources in translation.