Gladiator: Film and History
May 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This is the first book to analyze Ridley Scott’s film Gladiator from historical, cultural, and cinematic perspectives.
- The first systematic analysis of Ridley Scott’s film, Gladiator.
- Examines the film’s presentation of Roman history and culture.
- Considers its cinematic origins and traditions.
- Draws out the film’s modern social and political overtones.
- Includes relevant ancient sources in translation.