Geographies of Globalization: A Critical Introduction
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Challenges neoliberal assumptions on the nature of globalization
- Provides a conceptual overview of how globalization is a spatial process and of its relation to capitalism
- Explores whether we are in fact living in a more ‘globalized’ world or only in a more ‘internationalized’ one
- Considers arguments concerning whether ‘globalization’ is a new phenomenon or simply the latest manifestation of processes many hundreds of years in the making
- Focuses on how nation-states have shaped, and been shaped by, contemporary processes of ‘globalization’, how ‘globalization’ has been imagined discursively, and how workers are responding to such processes
- Explores how workers are creating new organizing strategies in response to ‘globalization’
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Geographies of Globalization: A Critical Introduction (US $46.95)
-and- Mapping: A Critical Introduction to Cartography and GIS (US $41.95)
Total List Price: US $88.90
Discounted Price: US $66.67 (Save: US $22.23)