Environmental Anthropology: A Historical Reader
December 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Provides the historical perspective that is typically missing from recent work in environmental anthropology
- Includes an extensive intellectual history and commentary by the volume’s editors
- Offers a unique perspective on current interest in cross-cultural environmental relations
- Divided into five thematic sections: (1) the nature/culture divide; (2) relationship between environment and social organization; (3) methodological debates and innovations; (4) politics and practice; and (5) epistemological issues of environmental anthropology
- Organized into a series of paired papers, which ‘speak’ to each other, designed to encourage readers to make connections that they might not customarily make