Democracy in Europe: A History of an Ideoloy
January 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
1. A constitution imbued with Hellenism: Greece, Europe, and the West.
2. The beginning: democracy in ancient Greece.
3. How Greek democracy came back into play, and finally left the stage.
4. Liberalism’s first victory.
5. Universal suffrage: act one.
6. Universal suffrage: act two.
7. Trouble for the “old mole”.
8. Europe “on the march”.
9. From the slaughter of the Communards to the “sacred unions”.
10. The Third Republic.
11. The second failure of universal suffrage.
12. The “European civil war”.
13. Progressive democracies, people’s democracies.
14. The cold war: democracy in retreat.
15. Towards the “mixed system”.
16. Was it a new beginning?.