Health and the Media
May 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- A collection of the best contemporary studies on health and the media.
- Brings together perspectives from media studies and medical sociology.
- Illuminates the influence that the mass media have on health beliefs and behaviour, and on health care practices and policy-making.
- Covers previously neglected areas, such as the role of the Internet, studies of production and reception, and the reporting of health care policies.
- Points the way forward for future developments in this exciting new field.