American English: Dialects and Variation, 2nd Edition
September 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Provides a very readable, up-to-date description of language variation in American English, covering regional, ethnic, and gender-based differences
- Contains new chapters on social and ethnic dialects, including a separate chapter on African American English and more comprehensive discussions of Latino, Native American, Cajun English, and other varieties,
- Includes samples from a wider array of US regions
- Features updated chapters as well as new exercises, a phonetic symbols key, and a section on the notion of speech community
- Accessibly written for the wide variety of students that enroll in a course on dialects, ranging from students with no background in linguistics to those who may wish to specialize in sociolinguistics
Buy Both and Save 25%!
American English: Dialects and Variation, 2nd Edition (US $51.95)
-and- American Voices: How Dialects Differ from Coast to Coast (US $42.95)
Total List Price: US $94.90
Discounted Price: US $71.17 (Save: US $23.73)