The JCT Major Project Form
February 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
The Major Project Form is the first JCT form specifically to
provide for third party rights. It caters for various levels of
design input on the part of client and contractor and incorporates
a design submission procedure.
Other key provisions are those dealing with: no retention,
acceleration of project, bonus for early completion, cost savings
and value improvements, the client's pre-appointed consultants, and
This new book will look at the contract clause by clause, with
full text of the contract itself, and
will examine the background law, highlighting practical issues.
1. Introduction and Background.
2. General Obligations.
5. Valuation and Payment.
6. Indemnities and Insurance.
7. Assessment and Third Party Rights.
8. Default and Dispute Resolution.
9. Communications Definitions and Attestation.
10. The Appendix to the Major Project Form.
Table of Cases.
Table of Statutes.
MPF Clause Number Index to Text.
MPF and WCD 98 Clause Comparisons.
* includes clause by clause text of the contract itself
* examines the legal background and highlights any practical difficulties
* written by a highly experienced construction lawyer who has authored a number of construction law books
'Neil F jones is a veteran commentator on construction law, with
years of experience as a construction litigator.'