A Companion to Nineteenth-Century Europe: 1789-1914
February 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This Companion provides an overview of European history during the 'long' nineteenth century, from 1789 to 1914.
- Consists of 32 chapters written by leading international scholars
- Balances coverage of political, diplomatic and international history with discussion of economic, social and cultural concerns
- Covers both Eastern and Western European states, including Britain
- Pays considerable attention to smaller countries as well as to the great powers
- Compares particular phenomena and developments across Europe