Children's Friendships: The Beginnings of Intimacy
December 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Drawing on evidence from studies on both sides of the Atlantic, this beautifully written book from Judy Dunn, the leading international authority on childhood development, considers the nature and significance of children’s early friendships.
- accessible and comprehensive book on friendship, beautifully written by a world authority;
- features a foreword by Jerome Bruner, one of the most influential psychologists alive today;
- stresses the importance of friendships to young children and considers the implications of friendship for our understanding of children’s development more generally;
- draws out the practical implications for parents, teachers and those who care for children;
- considers how to help children with friendship difficulties and what to do about 'trouble-making' friendships and bullying;
- latest addition to the Understanding Children’s Worlds series.