Masculinity and Men's Lifestyle Magazines
October 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This book explores the burgeoning genre of men’s lifestyle magazines, their production and consumption, and related constructions of masculinity.
- Interdisciplinary exploration of the burgeoning genre of men’s lifestyle magazines.
- Addresses key questions about the production and consumption of men’s lifestyle magazines, and their contribution to current gender politics.
- Contributors make use of a range of methodologies, including interviews with magazine editors, focus groups with readers, corpus linguistics and discourse analysis.
- Draws on scholarship from sociology, media studies, cultural studies and linguistics.
- Uses new research data, including comparative data from different countries, gay magazines and sporting magazines.