Nature Performed: Environment, Culture and Performance
April 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This book brings together contributions from scholars across the humanities.
- A wide-ranging exploration of the interface between performance and nature.
- Examines the use and usefulness of ideas of ‘performance’ for understanding human-nature relationships.
- Draws on different disciplines and intellectual traditions and on different conceptions of ‘performance’ and ‘nature’.
- Contributions are rooted in real-world contexts and problems, explored through detailed ethnographic work.
- Explores domains as diverse as allotments and bioinvasion, fox hunting and green politics.
- Makes a distinctive contribution to the ‘cultural turn’ in environmental research.