Teaching and Learning: Lessons from Psychology
December 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Drawing on educational and psychological research and adhering closely to QTS standards, trainee teachers will find this easy-to-read book an invaluable guide to child psychology and the psychology of teaching.
- a realistic and in-depth account of different kinds of learning;
- summarises reliable knowledge about how teaching can aid learning in schools;
- addresses issues of interest to all teachers – including the repertoire of teaching, the main phases of learning, the classroom environment, keeping order, and lesson planning – in a practical and accessible manner;
- also covers more complex topics such as intelligence, special educational needs, bullying, child abuse, gender, ethnicity, teacher expectations and assessment;
- gives examples of practice across all four key stages and different school subjects;
- would form a suitable part of the government-led continuing professional development project: Excellence and Enjoyment - A Strategy for Primary Schools.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Teaching and Learning: Lessons from Psychology (US $54.95)
Total List Price: US $94.95
Discounted Price: US $71.21 (Save: US $23.74)