The Blackwell Guide to Hume's Treatise
January 2006, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A student guide to Hume’s A Treatise of Human Nature.
- Provides students with the tools they need to understand the Treatise and its influence on modern philosophy.
- Focuses on recent developments in Hume scholarship.
- Covers topics such as the formulation, reception and scope of the Treatise, imagination and memory, the passions, moral sentiments, and the role of sympathy.
- All the chapters are newly written by Hume scholars.
- Each chapter guides the reader through a portion of the Treatise, explaining the central arguments and key contemporary interpretations of those arguments.