The Chosen Species: The Long March of Human Evolution
September 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This engaging book tells the story of human evolution, asking if man is indeed the “chosen species” or merely an evolutionary accident.
- Written by world-renowned paleoanthropologists who are co-directors of the excavations at Atapuerca---a World Heritage Site and Europe’s oldest known burial site---where a new human species, homo antecessor, was discovered
- Discusses various hypotheses of human evolution, drawing conclusions from verifiable facts and well-founded argument
- Offers a compelling narrative written for nonspecialists and students of human evolution
- Includes over 60 illustrations
- Sold over 100,000 copies in the original Spanish-language edition