Truth: Engagements Across Philosophical Traditions
February 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Part I. The Value of Truth: "Revaluing our highest values".
1. Friedrich Nietzsche On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense.
2. William James Pragmatism's Conception of Truth.
Part II. Representation, Subjectivity, and Intersubjectivity.
3. Soren Kierkegaard Truth, Subjectivity and Communication.
4. Ludwig Wittgenstein Remarks on Truth.
5. Donald Davidson Truth and Meaning.
6. Hilary Putnam The Face of Cognition.
Part III. Truth, Consensus, and Transcendence.
7. Richard Rorty Representation, Social Practice, and Truth.
8. Jurgen Habermas Richard Rorty's Pragmatic Turn.
9. John McDowell Towards Rehabilitating Objectivity.
10. Paul Feyerabend Notes on Relativism.
Part IV. Non-Propositional Truth: Language, Art and World.
11. Gianni Vattimo The Truth of Hermeneutics (with additional remarks).
12. Joseph Margolis Relativism and Cultural Relativity.
13. Maurice Merleau-Ponty Perception and Truth (with additional remarks).
14. Jacques Derrida The End of the Book and the Beginning of Writing.
Part V. Disclosure and Testimony.
15. Edmund Husserl Self-Evidence and Truth (with additional remarks).
16. Martin Heidegger On the Essence of Truth (with additional remarks).
17. Emmanuel Levinas Truth of Disclosure and Truth of Testimony.
18. Catherine Z. Elgin Word Giving, Word Taking.
Part VI. Truth and Power.
19. Hannah Arendt Truth in Politics.
20. Michel Foucault The Discourse on Language (with additional remarks).
21. Linda Alcoff Reclaiming Truth.
Part VII. A Supplement: Radicalizations of Truth.
22. An essay perforated with short excerpts from Zizek, Butler, Irigaray, Baudrillard and Deleuze.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Truth: Engagements Across Philosophical Traditions (US $135.95)
-and- What to Believe Now: Applying Epistemology to Contemporary Issues (US $93.95)
Total List Price: US $229.90
Discounted Price: US $172.42 (Save: US $57.48)