Women and Media: International Perspectives
May 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
1. Introduction: Carolyn Byerly and Karen Ross.
Part I: Representing And Consuming Women:.
2. Sexual Violence in the Media: Representation, Interaction and Discourse: Jenny Kitzinger (Cardiff University).
3. Exclusion and Marginality: Portrayals of Women in Israeli Media: Dafna Lemish (Tel Aviv University).
4. Women Framed: the Gendered Turn in Mediated Politics: Karen Ross (Coventry University).
5. Producing and Consuming ‘Woman’: Ellen Riordan (Gustavus Adolphus College, Minnesota).
Part II Women’s Agency In Media Production:.
6. Feminist Interventions in Newsrooms: Carolyn M Byerly (University of Maryland).
7. Working, Watching and Waiting: Women and Issues of Access, Employment and Decision-Making in the Media in India: Ammu Joseph (Journalist, India).
8. Dangerously Feminine?: Theory and Praxis of Women’s Alternative Radio: Then and Now: Caroline Mitchell (University of Sunderland).
9. Cyberspace: The New Feminist Frontier?: Gillian Youngs (University of Leicester).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Women and Media: International Perspectives (US $46.95)
-and- The Media and The Public: "Them" and "Us" in Media Discourse (US $38.95)
Total List Price: US $85.90
Discounted Price: US $64.42 (Save: US $21.48)