A Companion to the American Revolution
September 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
A Companion to the American Revolution is a single guide to the themes, events, and concepts of this major turning point in early American history. Containing coverage before, during, and after the war, as well as the effect of the revolution on a global scale, this major reference to the period is ideal for any student, scholar, or general reader seeking a complete reference to the field.
- Contains 90 articles in all, including guides to further reading and a detailed chronological table.
- Explains all aspects of the revolution before, during, and after the war.
- Discusses the status and experiences of women, Native Americans, and African Americans, and aspects of social and daily life during this period.
- Describes the effects of the revolution abroad.
- Provides complete coverage of military history, including the home front.
- Concludes with a section on concepts to put the morality of early America in today’s context.