The English Novel: An Introduction
August 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- A wide-ranging and humorous introduction to the English novel from Daniel Defoe to the present day.
- Written by one of the world’s leading literary theorists.
- Covers the works of major authors, including Daniel Defoe, Henry Fielding, Samuel Richardson, Laurence Sterne, Walter Scott, Jane Austen, the Brontës, Charles Dickens, George Eliot, Thomas Hardy, Henry James, Joseph Conrad, Virginia Woolf, D.H. Lawrence and James Joyce.
- Distils the essentials of the theory of the novel.
- Follows the model of Eagleton’s hugely popular Literary Theory: An Introduction (Second Edition, 1996).