A Book of Middle English, 3rd Edition
November 2004, ©2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This essential Middle English textbook, now in its third edition, introduces students to the wide range of literature written in England between 1150 and 1400.
- New, thoroughly revised edition of this essential Middle English textbook.
- Introduces the language of the time, giving guidance on pronunciation, spelling, grammar, metre, vocabulary and regional dialects.
- Now includes extracts from ‘Pearl’ and Chaucer’s ‘Troilus and Criseyde’.
- Bibliographic references have been updated throughout.
- Each text is accompanied by detailed notes.