A History of French Literature: From Chanson de geste to Cinema
October 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Presents a definitive history of the literature of France from its origins to the present day.
- Incorporates coverage of Francophone writing in Europe, Canada, the West Indies and North and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Links the development of literature to the mentalities and social conditions which produced it.
- Takes us beyond “literature” to study graphic fiction, cinema and the bestseller.
- Maps the rise of the Intellectual, and in so doing charts a progression from literary doctrine to critical theory.