Gendered Talk at Work: Constructing Gender Identity Through Workplace Discourse
July 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- written accessibly by one of the field’s foremost researchers
- explores the ways in which gender contributes to the interpretation of meaning in workplace interaction
- examines how women and men negotiate their gender identities as well as their professional roles in everyday workplace communication
- uses original and insightfully analyzed data to focus on the ways in which both women and men draw on gendered discourse resources to enact a range of workplace roles
- illustrates how a qualitative analysis of workplace discourse can throw light on the many ways in which workplace discourse provides a resource for constructing gender identity as one component of our complex socio-cultural identity