Territory: A Short Introduction
October 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- A clear and accessible introduction to the complexities associated with the term “territory”.
- Surveys the field and brings theory to ground in the case of Palestine.
- Addresses specific areas including interpretations of territorial structures; the relationship between territoriality and scale; the validity and fluidity of territory; and the practical, social processes associated with territorial re-configurations
- Stresses that our understanding of territory is inseparable from our understanding of power.
- Uses Israel/Palestine as an extended illustrative case study.
- The author’s strong legal and geographical background gives the work an authoritative perspective.