Baptists in North America: An Historical Perspective
July 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Introduction: What Are the Baptists? or Who Are the Baptists?.
1. Coming to America.
2. Revivalism and a Fondness for Liberty.
3. Growth and Diversification.
4. The Institutionalization of a Tradition.
5. A Tradition of Several Families.
6. The Pinnacle of Baptist Denominationalism.
7. The Come-outer Tradition.
8. The Uniqueness of African American Baptists.
9. Baptists and the Missionary Impulse.
10. Social Concerns and Mores of an Evangelical Tradition.
11. Baptists Face Modernity.
Appendix List of Baptist Groups in the United States and Canada.
Glossary of Terms in Baptist Usage.