Japan's Lost Decade: Origins, Consequences and Prospects for Recovery
March 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This volume explores the origins of Japan’s current economic crisis and assesses the country’s prospects for recovery.
- An exploration of the origins and consequences of Japan’s current economic crisis.
- Examines the collapse of the equity and real estate market bubbles in the late 1980s.
- Analyses the failure of Japanese monetary and fiscal policies to reverse the ensuing economic decline.
- Evaluates unorthodox options available to policy makers that might enable Japan to recover from its ‘lost decade’.
- Suggests that Japan’s prospects for economic recovery are still uncertain.