Art: History: Visual: Culture
May 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- New research and thoughtful reflection on visual culture and its relationship to art history.
- Brings together innovative scholarship by major scholars.
- Engages with cross-cultural questions, asking if attention to visual culture is a western preoccupation.
- Draws on a wide range of cultures, locations and historical periods, from the eighth century China to contemporary South Africa, from Byzantium to early modern and modern Europe.
- Covers a wealth of visual forms and media including photography, film, painting, sculpture, drawing, installation and the decorative arts.