Renaissance Drama: An Anthology of Plays and Entertainments, 2nd Edition
January 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This pioneering collection of non-Shakespearean Renaissance drama has now been updated to include more early material, plus Mary Sidney’s The Tragedy of Antony, John Marston’s The Malcontent and Ben Jonson’s Masque of Queens.
- Second edition of this pioneering collection of works of non-Shakespearean Renaissance drama.
- Covers the full sweep of dramatic performances, including State progresses and Court masques.
- Contains material useful for courses on women playwrights or women in Renaissance drama, including Middleton’s Chaste Maid in Cheapside, Webster’s The Duchess of Malfi and Thomas Middleton and William Rowley’s The Changeling.
- Includes plays and pageants not anthologised elsewhere, such as the coronation entries of Elizabeth I and Queen Anne, and Thomas Heywood’s ‘A Woman Killed with Kindness’.
- For the second edition more early material has been added, such as Noah and The Second Shepherd’s Play.
- The anthology now also includes Mary Sidney’s The Tragedy of Antony, John Marston’s The Malcontent and Ben Jonson’s The Masque of Queens.