A Companion to Late Antiquity
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
An accessible and authoritative overview capturing the vitality and diversity of scholarship that exists on the transformative time period known as late antiquity.
- Provides an essential overview of current scholarship on late antiquity – from between the accession of Diocletian in AD 284 and the end of Roman rule in the Mediterranean
- Comprises 39 essays from some of the world's foremost scholars of the era
- Presents this once-neglected period as an age of powerful transformation that shaped the modern world
- Emphasizes the central importance of religion and its connection with economic, social, and political life
- Winner of the 2009 Single Volume Reference/Humanities & Social Sciences PROSE award granted by the Association of American Publishers