Making Sense of Media: Key Texts in Media and Cultural Studies
October 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Offers a lively, accessible, and concise textbook to help readers understand mass media and their texts
- Covers seminal figures, concepts and scholarship in mass media studies, including Vladimir Propp, Mikhail Bakhtin, Raymond Williams, Fredric Jameson, and Stuart Hall
- Explores the ideas found in nineteen significant books that will provide useful insights and concepts for anyone interested in the study of the media
- Features chapter-by-chapter short articles by the author, that address an idea or theory in the particular book being discussed
- Includes charts, boxes features, exercises, and illustrations to round out analyses and engage the beginning student