The Anthropology of Religion: An Introduction, 2nd Edition
December 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Now available in a revised second edition, this popular introduction to the anthropology of religion combines discussion of the origin and development of debates within the field, with a look at where the subject is heading.
- Introduces readers to the central theoretical ideas in the anthropology of religion and illustrates them with specific case studies.
- Features self-contained chapters, each with its own comprehensive bibliography, so that they can be approached in any order.
- Contains an additional chapter on mythology and a number of new illustrations.
- Incorporates coverage of the following topics in the existing structure: pilgrimage, spirit possession and cargo cults.
- Includes a list of ethnographic films and videos that can be used to illustrate and extend discussion of particular issues.