Making a European Welfare State?: Convergences and Conflicts Over European Social Policy
July 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This volume provides an up-to-date account of developments in Europe across a range of policy fields, from labour markets to disability and poverty to health care.
- An up-to-date account of a rapidly changing field.
- Covers developments across a range of policy fields, from labour markets to disability and poverty to health care.
- Situates debates about welfare convergence and divergence in a theoretical context.
- Draws on sociological, social policy, political science and economic theoretical perspectives.
- Written by acknowledged experts in the field.
- Uses case studies of particular policy areas and regional developments.
- Includes work on Southern and Eastern Europe, as well as on France and Germany.