February 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- An engaging introduction to Greek tragedy, its history, and its reception in the contemporary world with suggested readings for further study
- Examines tragedy’s relationship to democracy, religion, and myth
- Explores contemporary approaches to scholarship, including structuralist, psychoanalytic, and feminist theory
- Provides a thorough examination of contemporary performance practices
- Includes detailed readings of selected plays