A History of Old English Literature
November 2004, ©2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This timely introduction to Old English literature focuses on the production and reception of Old English texts, and on their relation to Anglo-Saxon history and culture.
- Introduces Old English texts and considers their relation to Anglo-Saxon culture.
- Responds to renewed emphasis on historical and cultural contexts in the field of medieval studies.
- Treats virtually the entire range of textual types preserved in Old English.
- Considers the production, reception and uses of Old English texts.
- Integrates the Anglo-Latin backgrounds crucial to understanding Old English literature.
- Offers very extensive bibliographical guidance.
- Demonstrates that Anglo-Saxon studies is uniquely placed to contribute to current literary debates.