Contesting the Renaissance
July 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- An influential investigation into the nature of the European Renaissance
- Asks if the Renaissance was really a period of progress, reason, and prosperity
- Summarizes scholarly debates about the nature of the Renaissance
- Engages with specific controversies concerning gender identity, economics, the emergence of the modern state, and reason and faith
- Takes a balanced approach to the many different problems and perspectives that characterize Renaissance studies