A Guide to Early Printed Books and Manuscripts
February 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
A Guide to Early Printed Books and Manuscripts provides an introduction to the language and concepts employed in bibliographical studies and textual scholarship as they pertain to early modern manuscripts and printed texts
- Winner, Honourable Mention for Literature, Language and Linguistics, American Publishers Prose Awards, 2010
- Based almost exclusively on new primary research
- Explains the complex process of viewing documents as artefacts, showing readers how to describe documents properly and how to read their physical properties
- Demonstrates how to use the information gleaned as a tool for studying the transmission of literary documents
- Makes clear why such matters are important and the purposes to which such information is put
- Features illustrations that are carefully chosen for their unfamiliarity in order to keep the discussion fresh