Endovascular Therapy: Principles of Peripheral Interventions
February 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
Endovascular Therapy covers everything you need to know
about creating an endovascular program, such as imaging, catheter
and device inventory, nursing support, and technician
In addition, this book provides a basic knowledge of the
pathophysiology of vascular disease, interventional techniques, and
endovascular modalities of various disease categories. Each
individual disease and endovascular therapy is discussed and
emphasis is placed on the relevant complications associated with
the wide spectrum of endovascular interventions.
Also included are step-by-step guides to procedure conduct, tips and tricks, procedure specific equipment lists, and recommended post procedure orders and follow up.
List of Contributors.
1. General Principles of Endovascular Therapy.
Imran Mohiuddin, Panagiotis Kougias, Ross Milner.
2. Basic Science of Endovascular Therapy.
Panagiotis Kougias, Liz Nguyen, Changyi Chen.
3. Pharmacotherapy in Endovascular Interventions.
Leila Mureebe, Colleen M. Johnson, Changyi Chen.
4. Complications of Endovascular Therapy.
Gordon M. Riha, Changyi Chen, Ruth L. Bush.
5. Carotid Bifurcation Disease.
Wei Zhou, Ruth L. Bush, Peter H. Lin, Alan B. Lumsden.
6. Supra-aortic Trunk and Upper Extremity Arterial Disease.
Imran Mohiuddin, Eric J. Silberfein, Eric Peden.
7.Thoracic Aortic Disease.
Andy C. Chiou, Kristen L. Biggs, Peter H. Lin.
8. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
W. Anthony Lee, Daniel J. Martin, Imran Mohiuddin.
9. Mesenteric Artery Occlusive Disease.
Panagiotis Kougias, Mitchell Cox, Peter H. Lin.
10. Renal Artery Occlusive Disease.
Peter H. Lin, Rakesh Safaya, W. Todd Bohannon.
11. Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease.
Eric Peden, Ruth L. Bush, Alan B. Lumsden.
12. Lower Extremity Arterial Disease.
Wei Zhou, Marlon A. Guerrero, Alan B. Lumsden.
13. Arteriovenous Graft Interventions.
Joseph J. Naoum, Wei Zhou, Eric Peden.
14. Venous Insufficiency and Varicose Veins.
Panagiotis Kougias, Patrick E. Duffy, E. John Harris, Jr.
15. Ileofemoral Deep Venous Thrombosis.
James P. Gregg, Esteban A. Henao, Alan B. Lumsden.
16. Vascular Trauma.
Ulises Baltazar, Esteban A. Henao, W. Todd Bohannon, Michael B. Silva Jr.
17. Endovascular Devices in Peripheral Interventions.
Russell Lam, Mai Pham, Rakesh Safaya.
Changyi Chen, MD, PhD, is Professor of Surgery and Director of the Molecular Surgeon Research Center Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Very strongly patient-orientated
- Easy to understand regardless of training background or
- Step-by-step guides to procedures
- Provides equipment lists for each procedure; recommended post procedure orders and follow up