September 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Brined cheeses such as feta and halloumi have seen a large increase in popularity and as a result, increasing economic value. Over the past two decades the dairy industry has carried out much research into starter cultures alongside technological developments, widening the range of brined cheese products available to consumers worldwide.
The third title in the SDT series, Brined Cheeses gathers research on this important range of cheese varieties from around the world into a single volume, offering the reader:
- A practically-oriented and user-friendly guide
- Key commercially important information
- Coverage of all the major stages of manufacture
- Background to each variety
- Review of how different varieties are utilised in different countries
Edited by Adnan Tamime, with contributions from international authors and full of core commercially useful information for the dairy industry, this book is an essential title for dairy scientists, dairy technologists and nutritionists worldwide.