Evidence-Based Dentistry: An Introduction
September 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Each chapter is organised in a similar way, providing a structured approach to reading and understanding research articles or commercial product information. In this respect, Evidence-Based Dentistry is designed as an introduction to understanding published research and its implications for the dental surgery; rather than as a guide on undertaking research.
- Incorporates topical published papers in order to rpovide worked examples
- Explains the most6 common forms of research used in dentistry
- Unlocks basic statistical and epidemiological concepts, along with key terms
- Enables the reader to identify the research question, assess aspects of study design, evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of papers and understand their clinical relevance
- Tables, boxes and figures are used extensively to present core information. Useful templates are also provided, which readers may use/adapt for analysis, including study clubs.