Like a Splinter in Your Mind: The Philosophy Behind the Matrix Trilogy
July 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Before the Philosophy – Understanding the Films.
1. Tumbling Down the Rabbit Hole: Knowledge, Reality, and the Pit of Skepticism.
2. Mind and Body in Zion.
3. Are Sentient Machines Possible?.
4. There is No Spoon: Does matter really exist?.
5. Virtual Bodies: The Social Construction of Race and Gender in the Matrix.
6. The Problem is Choice: Control, Free Will, and Causal Determinism.
7. How to Really Bake Your Noodle: Time, Fate, and the Problem of Foreknowledge.
8. Smith's Moral Challenge.
9. De-Cyphering Right and Wrong.
10. Morpheus and the Leap of Faith.
11. Existentialism for Sentient Programs.
12. The Tao of the Code.
13. Overcoming Our Own Matrix.
Cast of Matrix Characters.