A Cultural Approach to Interpersonal Communication: Essential Readings
January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Proposes a new approach to interpersonal communication, based in ethnography and performance.
- Features ethnographic articles that are inviting and accessible to beginning students.
- Explores interpersonal interactions in a range of settings: from high school slang in California to sign language use in a deaf church, from Tuareg greetings in the Sahara to the language of aggression among Mississippi girls.
- Includes articles with detailed transcripts of conversation that students can analyze.
- Provides students with conceptual and practical tools to develop their own ethnographic research on language practices.