Linguistic Anthropology: A Reader, 2nd Edition
May 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
- Now revised and updated, this interdisciplinary and comprehensive collection brings together the best work in the rapidly growing field of linguistic anthropology
- Incorporates new material including articles on speech communities, the power and performance of language, and narratives
- Selections are both historically oriented and thematically coherent, and are accessibly grouped according to four major themes: speech community and communicative competence; the performance of language; language socialization and literacy practices; and the power of language
- An extensive introduction provides an original perspective on the development of the field and highlights its most compelling issues
- Each section includes a brief introductory statement, sets of guiding questions, and list of recommended readings on the main topics