King Hammurabi of Babylon: A Biography
October 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This is the first biography in English of King Hammurabi, who ruled Babylon from 1792 to 1750 BC and presents a rounded view of his accomplishments.
- Describes how Hammurabi dealt with powerful rivals and extended his kingdom.
- Draws on the King’s own writings and on diplomatic correspondence that has only recently become available.
- Explores the administration of the kingdom and the legacies of his rule, especially his legal code.
- Demonstrates how Hammurabi’s conquests irrevocably changed the political organization of the Near East, so that he was long remembered as one of the great kings of the past.
- Written to be accessible to a general audience.