Instant Physiology, 2nd Edition
December 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
Instant Physiology is not just astandard physiology
textbook. It presents the fundamental physiological information
needed for clinical practice in an easily accessible dip-in
Each topic is concisely displayed in a double-page spread and is
presented in a system-by-system approach to physiology, relating to
the clinical requirements of medicine and surgery.
This edition has been updated so that the text on cardiology has been fully revised and new chapters on extremes of physiology, starvation and total parenteral nutrition have been included. The book is now completely indexed.
- junior doctors and MRCP / MRCS candidates
- medical students on clinical attachments
- nurses and other allied health professionals
List of abbreviations.
1 Cellular Physiology.
2 Cardiovascular Physiology.
3 Respiratory Physiology.
4 Renal Physiology.
5 Alimentary Physiology.
6 Endocrine Physiology.
7 Physiology of the Blood.
8 Physiology of the Nervous System.
Dr Vinod Achan is Specialist Registrar in Cardiology at Kingston Hospital.
- Updated text including revised cardiology chapter
- Redesigned series cover
- Each topic concisely presented in double-page spread
- New text on extremes of physiology, starvation and total
- Both authors teach for the MRCP and MRCS examinations