Dialogues of Dispersal: Gender, Sexuality and African Diasporas
October 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
2. Gendered Agendas: The Secrets Scholars Keep about Yorùbá-Atlantic Religion: J. Lorand Matory.
3. Cartographies of Globalisation, Technologies of Gendered Subjectivities: The Dub Poetry of Jean ‘Binta’ Breeze: Jenny Sharpe.
4. ‘If You Can't Pronounce My Name, You Can Just Call Me Pride’: Afro-German Activism, Gender and Hip Hop: Fatima El-Tayeb.
5. Creole Performance in Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands: Rhonda Frederick.
6. Colonial Matriarchs: Garveyism, Maternalism, and Belize's Black Cross Nurses, 1920–1952: Anne Macpherson.
7. ‘Wearing three or four handkerchiefs around his collar, and elsewhere about him’: Slaves' Constructions of Masculinity and Ethnicity in French Colonial New Orleans: Sophie White.
8. Diasporic Brotherhood: Freemasonry and the Transnational Production of Black Middle-Class Masculinity: Martin Summers.
9. Gender in the African Diaspora: Electronic Research Materials: Patrick Manning.
Notes on Contributors