Diseases of the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts: Diagnosis and Treatment, 2nd Edition
July 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
With recent developments in the management of hepatobiliary
diseases including liver transplantation, this new edition aids all
members of the team by addressing both the biliary indications for
and biliary complications of these procedures.
It's divided into three sections on anatomy, pathophysiology,
and epidemiology; diagnostic and therapeutic approaches including
the latest therapeutic modalities; and specific conditions.
Includes more than 250 illustrations for rapid reference. Each
chapter now has a Q&A section and begins with a list of
objectives outlining the chapter’s goals. In addition, a
number of new imaging modalities are presented in this new
It takes an integrated medical, surgical and radiological approach, making this invaluable to all members of the team who deal with complications of liver transplantation and the management of patients.
1. Anatomy and Physiology of the Biliary Tree and Gallbladder. (James Toouli and Mayank Bhandari).
2. Pathology of the Intrahepatic and extrahepatic Bile Ducts and Gallbladder. (Kay Washington).
3. Epidemiology of Diseases of the Bile ducts and gallbladder. (Markus H. Heim).
Section 2. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Approaches for the Biliary Tree and Gallbladder.
Noninvasive Imaging of the Biliary System. (Elmar M. Merkle, Rendon C. Nelson and Henrik Petrowsky).
5. Endoscopic Diagnosis and Treatment of Disorders of the Biliary Tree and Gallbladder. (Kevin McGrath and John Baillie).
6. Percutaneous Biliary Imaging and Intervention. (Paul V. Suhocki).
7. Radiation Therapy for Disease of the Biliary Tree and Gallbladder. (Brian G. Czito and Mitchell S. Anscher).
8. Surgery of the Biliary System. (Lucas McCormack, Markus Selzner and Pierre-Alain Clavien).
9. Laparoscopic Treatment for Diseases of the Gallbladder and Biliary tree. (Stefan Wildi, Sarah K. Thompson, John G. Hunter and Markus Weber).
10. Laparoscopic Biliary Injuries. (Steven M. Strasberg).
11. Medical and Innovative Therapies for Biliary Malignancies. (Michael A. Morse and Bernhard Pestalozzi).
Section 3. Specific Conditions.
Section 3.1. The Gallbladder.
12. Natural History and Pathogenesis of Gallstones. (Beat Müllhaupt).
13. Acute and Chronic Cholecystitis. (Stefan Breitenstein, Armin Kraus and Pierre-Alain Clavien).
14. Biliary fi Stula, Gallstone Ileus, and Mirizzi’s syndrome. (Henrik Petrowsky and Pierre-Alain Clavien).
15. Benign and Malignant Gallbladder Tumors. (John T. Mullen, Christopher H. Crane and Jean-Nicolas Vauthey).
Section 3.2. The Intrahepatic and Extrahepatic Bile Ducts.
16. Acute Cholangitis. (Suyi Chang and Joseph Leung).
17. Cystic Diseases of the Biliary System. (Robert J. Porte and Pierre-Alain Clavien).
18. Biliary Complications of Liver Transplantation. (Mary T. Austin and C. Wright Pinson).
19. Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. (Robert Enns).
20. Cholangiocarcinoma. (Markus Selzner and Pierre-Alain Clavien).
21. Primary Biliary cirrhosis. (Piotr Milkiewicz and Jenny Heathcote).
Section 3.3. Intrahepatic Cholestasis.
22. Intrahepatic Cholestasis. (Andrew Stolz and Neil Kaplowitz).
Section 3.4. Pediatric Population.
23. Biliary Disease in Infants and Children. (Riccardo Superina).
Professor John Baillie MD ChB FRCP FACG, Professor of Medicine, Director of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorder Service, Wake Forest University Health Sciences Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
- Divided into three sections: includes anatomy, physiology, and
epidemiology; diagnostic and therapeutic approaches including the
latest therapeutic modalities; and specific considerations
- Addresses biliary indications and complications for liver
transplantation to aid all members of the team
- Comprises more than 250 illustrations for rapid reference
- Each chapter now has a Q&A section and begins with a list of objectives to help quick diagnosis
Digestive and Liver Disease
“The book is well designed, accurately written and is an
excellent resource for physicians (gastroenterologists, surgeons,
radiologists) practicing in the arena of biliary
disorders/diseases. The book is also an excellent reference for the
generalist […] It views diagnosis and management of
gallbladder and bile duct disorders with a focused and truly
multidisciplinary approach. All aspects of interest to the
clinician are accurately covered without bias to
Dr Giuseppe Aliperti, St Louis, Missouri
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Diseases of the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts: Diagnosis and Treatment, 2nd Edition (US $334.95)
-and- Problem-based Approach to Gastroenterology and Hepatology (US $91.95)
Total List Price: US $426.90
Discounted Price: US $320.17 (Save: US $106.73)