The New Media Environment: An Introduction
July 2010, ©2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Media Studies examines the new and rapidly developing field of media studies to discover what insights it has to offer students and general readers as they negotiate their way through the new - and thoroughly saturated - media environment.
- Explores how recent changes in our media affect the way we watch older media like television, movies, and radio, and offer up rich new interactive media, like video games and the internet
- The perfect introduction to the field of media studies
- Chronicles the recent dramatic changes in communication technologies, arguing that most of life itself is now experienced as 'mediated'
- Discusses the development of cable and satellite television, VCRs, DVDs, the internet and personal computers
- Emphasizes the broader political, social, and economic context within which these important new technologies have developed