Grounding Globalization: Labour in the Age of Insecurity
June 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Examines the claim that a new labour internationalism is emerging by grounding the book in evidence, rather than assertion
- Analyzes three distinct places –Orange, Australia; Changwon, South Korea; and Ezakheni, South Africa – and how they dealt with manufacturing plants undergoing restructuring
- Explores worker responses to rising levels of insecurity and examines preconditions for the emergence of counter-movements to such insecurity
- Grounds globalization in the everyday lives of workers, their households and their communities
- Highlights the significance of ‘place’ and ‘scale’, and demonstrates how the restructuring of multi-national corporations, and worker responses to this, connect the two concepts
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Grounding Globalization: Labour in the Age of Insecurity (US $94.95)
-and- The New Carbon Economy: Constitution, Governance and Contestation (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $129.90
Discounted Price: US $97.42 (Save: US $32.48)